The Healing Powers of Bone Broth
Bone broth is one of the most potent super foods. There is a reason, after all, that chicken soup has been called “penicillin” by so many! Bone broth, made recently more popular by Sally Fallon, has been used for thousands of years to heal the sick.
Bone broth is super simple to make. You can use any bones you want: fish, chicken or turkey bones, lamb, bison and beef all make amazing, healing broths. The longer the broth is cooked on a low heat – I try to keep mine cooking for 24 hours – the more nutritious is will be because the proteins, fats and minerals are all released into the water during cooking, some of which are calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, sulfur and silicon.
Here are some of the many benefits of bone broth:
- Bone broth is also rich in gelatin, a form of collagen. Gelatin heals the gut and aids in digestion. Anyone with food sensitivities or gastrointestinal problems will benefits from regularly consuming bone broth. The gelatin will also promote healthy hair and nails.
- Glycine is another nutrient found in bone broth. Glycine is an amino acid and neurotransmitter. A deficiency can cause anxiey, agitation, sleeping problems and aggression. Glycine lowers stress and feeds the adrenals and thyroid.
- Chicken contains cysteine, which thins the mucus in the lungs, making it much easier to expel.
- Bone broth can help to fight infectious diseases, like the flu.
- Bone broth fights inflammation. It contains several amino acids including glycine, arginine and proline, which all have anti-inflammatory effects.
Drinking a cup of bone broth is like a taking natural, healing multi-vitamin. I try to make broth at least once a week, but with a busy life and lots of kids, I can really use all of the help I can get. Do you know about Thrive Market? This company is truly wonderful. They not only charge a small monthly amount for membership, they have a business model that’s based on giving. Thrive Market gives one donated membership with each paid membership through their Thrive Give program. This means free access to over 2,500 of the highest quality natural and organic staples, snacks, home products all at 25-50% off retail prices.
Thrive Market sells amazing bone broth from Bone Broths Co. and ALL Thrive Market members will receive a FREE box of Bone Broth! This broth has been simmered for hours, not only developing deep flavors, but also releasing nutrients from the beef and vegetables. Collagen, calcium, phosphorous, glucosamine, and essential amino acids are just a few of the nutrients that make this food a potent fighter against illness and inflammation.
How to Get It: An Exclusive Offer
Here’s where your exclusive offer on Bone Broth Co.’s Grass Fed Bone Broth, made from pasture raised beef and organic vegetables comes in. It’s simmered for hours, not only developing deep flavors, but also releasing nutrients from the beef and vegetables. And for members of Thrive Market, it’s FREE with any purchase of $50 or more.